Kid-Friendly Options for Residential Flooring in Calgary
There are many options to choose from when searching for durable and safe residential flooring in Calgary for rooms that get as much activity as your children do. By investing in flooring that helps to reduce accidents and is easy to maintain and clean, you won’t have to worry about changing your floors too soon down the road, which will save you time and money.
Calgary Flooring Options for Your Child’s Play Room
Whether you have a baby that’s learning to crawl, a toddler that is throwing toys or young children running through the home with dirty shoes, there are a number of flooring options that can help keep your children safe and your home looking its very best. Here are a few flooring options to choose from:
- Carpet – Carpet is a great option for kids as it is soft on the feet, prevents slips, provides extra cushioning for those accidental falls and is a natural insulator, which helps absorb sound.
- Hardwood – For timeless look over an impressive lifespan, consider hardwood flooring. While hardwood can scratch and dent, it still looks great. If it does become substantially damaged, scratches and marks can be sanded out, though this does take some time.
- Laminate – Laminate flooring has seen a great deal of change since the seventies. It is a very cost effective option, and is available in a vast array of styles. As laminate is made from pressed wood, it is more durable and scratch resistant, not to mention strong against moisture and general wear and tear. This makes it the perfect material for extending the longevity of your floors against the excited pitter-pattering feet of your little ones.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile/Plank – Thanks to modern manufacturing, Luxury Vinyl Tiling, or LVT, can be an interior designer’s dream. The material is both economical, sturdy, and can come in a variety of looks to best suit your needs. Whether you’re looking for a rich, wood grained plank finish for your front foyer, or a stone consistency for the bathroom, LVT can deliver! It is also highly durable, and is an ideal material for children with allergies to dust and pollen.
- Cork – Like carpet, cork is soft to the touch, and insulates heat during the cold winter months. What most people don’t know is that cork material also has something called “suberin,” which is an impermeable, waxy substance that helps it repel moisture. Because of this, it is quite strong against deterioration, mould, and bacteria! It is also anti-static, so dirt and dust will not stick to it, making it very easy to clean.
Discover all the different types of hardwood flooring in Calgary to meet your unique taste and budget by visiting our flooring showroom at Nu-Way Floor Fashions Ltd. today. Not sure which flooring material is right for your needs? Call us at 403-252-3551 to speak with our flooring specialists.