Look back at the hottest trends in floor tiles in 2017 and get the scoop on what’s in store for 2018
The best of 20172017 was all about bringing the rich textures of other materials into tile design. Tile can be made to mimic the look of just about any material you can imagine. Some of our favourite tile trends were:
- Carpet tiles—Carpet tiles were a huge hit in Calgary in 2017 and will continue to be on trend into the new year.
- Wood finishes—Faux-wood tile isn’t exactly a new trend but it definitely cemented its place on many homeowners list of must-haves this year. We think it will continue to be popular in 2018.
- Faux-marble—Marble flooring is expensive and can be difficult to maintain. For anyone looking for the timeless elegance that marble has to offer, faux-marble tile flooring is an excellent alternative.
- Brick finish—Another faux-favourite for 2017, brick finishes were a popular choice for walls, backsplashes and floors.
- Large format—Extra-large wall and floor tiles were another popular trend in Calgary that will last into 2018. Suitable for residential and commercial uses, large tiles bring a unique look and feel to your space.
Looking ahead to 20182018 is going to be all about combining different colours and textures for a completely one-of-a-kind look.
- Cement-finish tiles—Cool, sleek, modern and edgy, industrial cement finishes are poised to be on trend for the year ahead.
- Intricate patterns—Recent technologied have made it possible to print intricate patterns and designs on tile. From geometric shapes, to bold colours and artfully designed patterns, anything is possible. Taking advantage of these for a new look will definitely be popular in 2018.
- Mixed materials—Combining different textures, colours and finishes is a great way to make a statement with your tile. Whether it’s matte and gloss, concrete and wood or pebble and stone—mixing it up is the way to go in 2018.
- Dust and allergen resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Easy to customize