Floor Tiles Are Cool, Classic and Always in Style
The love affair that civilization has with tile dates back more than 2000 years. It’s a timeless choice. With literally endless possibilities for creativity and customization. However, how do you choose? Turn to the friendly flooring experts at Nu-Way Floor Fashions right here in Calgary for advice. Keep reading to find out more.
What Are the Advantages of a Tile Floor?
There are many different types of flooring out there and each material has its pros and cons. But there’s a reason that floor tiles have always been a popular choice for homeowners and businesses alike. Floor tiles are:
- Water resistant
- Easy to maintain
- Allergan resistant
- Available in a variety of designs
What Types of Tile Do You Offer?
The word “tile” encompasses a lot of different materials. There are carpet tiles, ceramic tiles and so much more, like:
- Travertine—A byproduct of hot springs, travertine is a type of limestone. Travertine tiles all have their own unique pattern, giving you a truly one of a kind floor.
- Ceramic—Made from natural clay and minerals, ceramic tile comes in a vast selection of colours, shapes, sizes and finishes. Ceramic tile is strong and durable enough to use for commercial or residential use.
- Porcelain—Made by heating refined clay, porcelain tiles can be used indoors or out, and come in a wide selection of styles and finishes.
- Faux wood—Mimicking the look of natural wood, faux wood tiles come in ceramic and porcelain. With a number of different styles available, faux wood tiles are gaining popularity because they last much longer than real wood.
- Slate—Slate is a type of metamorphic rock that’s found all over world. Great for indoor use, a wide range of colours are available.
- Marble—A classic choice with an elegant appeal. A very soft product that is not durable and that stains and scratches easily.
- Granite—Solidified lava or magma. What could be more beautiful? Its colour has a natural richness that’s sure to add value to any space.
- Pebble and stone—Imagine a beautiful, naturally pebbled beach. Now imagine that same natural beauty inside your home. Gorgeous.
Come and check out our showroom to see how many more options await you.
How Do I Maintain My Tile Floor?
Maintenance is the key to protecting your investment and making sure that your flooring lasts for years and years. Here are a few things you can do to keep your floor in tip-top shape:
- Clean regularly—Clean your floor tiles with a small amount of water only. Check with your manufacturer before applying a cleansing agent to avoid damaging your tile.
- Welcome the use of mats—Place mats at every exterior door to minimize the amount of dirt and debris that gets brought into your home.
- Use protective pads—Apply protective felt to the bottom of all furniture legs to prevent wear and damage to your floors.
Nu-Way Floor Fashions is one of the most trusted tile stores in Calgary. With over 44 years of experience, our staff can help you with every aspect of your floor from design to installation. Contact us now to book an appointment with a designer and discover the natural beauty of tile!
Our selection of tile flooring options includes products from these amazing manufacturers: