Carpets of All Colours and Kinds
Nothing says comfort like a warm, plush carpet from Nu-Way Floor Fashions right here in Calgary. With hundreds of different colours, styles, and textures to choose from, Nu-Way has the carpet you’ve always wanted to wake up to.
What Are the Main Advantages of Carpet?
It’s no secret that carpet offers unparalleled comfort but that’s not all it has to offer. Check out more of the advantages of carpet and carpet tiles below:
- Comfort—When you’re walking around barefoot, there’s really nothing more comfortable on your toes than carpet. It’s soft and fuzzy and gentle on your feet.
- Warmth—Treat yourself to the natural warmth that only carpet can offer. Having a carpet in your home can increase insulation and heat retention in the winter, saving you money in heating costs year after year.
- Health—With smooth flooring surfaces, dust and allergens are stirred up and circulated through the air every time someone walks through the room. With carpet, dust and allergens are trapped until they can be safely vacuumed up, keeping the air you breathe clean.
- Safety—Carpet can help prevent slips and cushion falls. For seniors and families with young children, this can be an important reason to opt for carpet over harder, more slippery surfaces.
- Sound-proofing—The insulating properties of carpet don’t just affect your heating bill; they also help to make your home more sound-proof. Carpeting cuts down on noise, which is helpful when you live in an apartment or if you have young children running about.
- Aesthetics—Your interior design should be a reflection of your own unique personality. To achieve just the right look, we offer a dazzling array of colours, styles and textures for you to choose from.
- Affordable—On average, carpeting is much less expensive than many other popular flooring materials.
What Types of Carpet Do You Carry?
Carpets are mainly categorized by their cut, weight and fiber type. You can choose between wall-to-wall carpeting or carpet tiles. Fiber type is the biggest determining factor in how the carpet will look, feel and cost. The most common carpet fibers are:
- SmartStrand Forever Clean—The only carpet to offer full protection on all accidents no matter what pet you have.
- Nylon—The most popular choice. Nylon is inexpensive, durable and available in a variety of colours.
- Olefin—A strong fiber that is fade and mold resistant. Often used outdoors because it’s not comfortable for bare feet.
- Polyester—Can be inexpensive and soft, but isn’t suited for high traffic areas.
- Wool—Soft, comfortable and durable. Wool is the most expensive fiber option. But it’s stain and dirt resistant and completely natural.
How Do I Maintain a Carpet Floor?
You’ll need to take care of your carpet if you want it to last. Carpeting is a major investment for any home or business owner and a little bit of maintenance can go a long way. Be sure to:
- Avoid spilling anything on your carpet
- Thoroughly vacuum carpets at least once per week with the right vacuum
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12-18 months
Visit Nu-Way Floor Fashions today to choose from hundreds of different samples in our luxurious showroom. Our location in Calgary is your source for carpet tiles, area rugs, residential and commercial carpeting. Book an appointment with one of our carpeting experts today to get started. If you want some insight before visiting, we encourage you to read our article on the latest trends of carpet styles to help you get a better idea of what you would would like!
We're proud to offer an amazing selection of carpet products from some of the flooring industry's most trusted brands, including: