Beautiful and Long Lasting Hardwood Flooring for your Calgary Home
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular floor fashions in Calgary. It creates a look of timeless beauty that adds value to every home. Easy to maintain, hardwood floors from Nu-Way Floor Fashions give your home a clean, elegant look that you’ll be sure to appreciate for years to come!
What Are Some of the Advantages of Hardwood Flooring?
In addition to adding beauty, sophistication and elegance to your home, hardwood floors also have the benefit of being:
Hardwood floors hold their value over their lifespan and can even increase the resale value of your home should you decide to sell in the future.
Why Chose Nu-Way Floor Fashions?
Starting off as a carpet installation company 40 years ago, Nu-Way Floor Fashions has grown into one of Calgary’s most trusted hardwood flooring stores. We started from humble roots with a small store, and have now expanded to a large 15,000 square feet showroom that is filled with various kinds of samples and products for you to browse through. This has only been made possible by the community of Calgary that has for years, trusted and supported us. We have proven to be experts at wood flooring in Calgary.
We take our quality assurance very seriously. Whether you have a small request or a difficult task for us to undertake, don’t hesitate to ask. We are motivated to ensure that your requirements are met as per your expectation in a timely manner. Our quality assurance team has been rigorously trained in trouble shooting to make sure that the installation work is up to your expectations and the workmanship is professional and without any problems.
In this way, we have always kept our customers above anyone or anything. Customer satisfaction is really important to us and we strive to avoid any disappointment to you. Our business has a dedicated team of customer care agents and technicians, who are available both in-house and on the field, and can solve your problem as soon as possible. Furthermore, when we sell a product, our responsibility is not over. We work closely with our supplier and manufacturer friends and make sure that they fulfill their warranty on hardwood floor products.
We have a great team of talented designers who have dedicated their lives to this profession and are extremely skilled and passionate about hardwood floors and everything about them. You may want to visit our in-house designers’ page for more information about all our talented designers who will be working on your requirement.
How Do I Maintain My Hardwood Floors?
Hardwood floors are actually quite easy to maintain and will keep their beautiful finish for years when properly cared for. For some easy maintenance tips, check out the following list of dos and don’ts:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove any dirt and debris that could scratch the floor.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Put a welcome mat on the inside and outside of every exterior door to prevent dirt from being tracked into the house.
- Place felt floor protectors on the feet of all your furniture.
- Take care to protect the floor when moving furniture.
- Maintain between 30-50% humidity in your home at all times.
- Use cleaning products specially designed for safe use on hardwood floors.
- Don’t use carpets/mats with rubber backing because they trap dirt, debris and moisture, which can damage the floor.
- Don’t drag heavy pieces of furniture across the bare floor.
- Try to avoid exposing your floor to too much sunlight, this can cause fading in light-coloured finishes.
- Never use harsh cleaners on your floor.
- For example, vinegar is a great household cleaner, but it should never be used on hardwood flooring, as it can damage the surface.
- Don’t use a wet mop to clean up, the excess water can damage the floor.
How Many Different Types of Hardwood Flooring Are There?
One of the many advantages of hardwood flooring is the incredible variety that it offers. At Nu-Way Floor Fashions, there are literally hundreds of different looks and finishes to choose from. You’ll be able to find exactly the colour, tone and richness of wood finish that you’ve been looking for.
You can also choose between solid wood flooring products or engineered wood flooring.
- Solid wood flooring—Cut from single pieces of wood, solid wood boards can be sanded and refinished many times over and can last for years when well maintained.
- Engineered wood flooring—Made from several layers of wood and adhesive firmly pressed together, these boards are stronger and more moisture resistant than solid wood, but can’t be sanded and refinished as many times.
Can I Install Hardwood Flooring Myself?
It’s not recommended. There’s a chance that by doing it yourself you’ll void your manufacturer’s warranty or make a miscalculation that’ll cost you big time later on.
At Nu-Way Floor Fashions, professional flooring installation is quick, efficient and comes with the satisfaction of knowing that your floor is fully protected by a warranty. Contact us today to book an appointment with one of our friendly wood flooring experts.
Hardwood Flooring Brands Available at our Calgary Showroom
Whether your style is classic or contemporary, we're sure you'll find a wood flooring option that suits your needs: